Wednesday, July 1, 2020

1.16 General Mob farm

General Mob farm for 1.16 bedrock.


Start, up in the air at least 60 blocks, this will make sure that nothing on the ground or in caves will spawn.  That is where I set up my collection.

About 28 blocks below my water funnel platform I set up an array of hoppers to catch the falling mobs.  I recommend a 6x6 platform to catch the mobs falling from the funnel.  I added campfires to clean up zombies or Skeletons if they ware wearing feather falling boots.  The campfires being half blocks the hoppers can collect thru them.  Also, the fire from them will not destroy items.
Moving up to the AFK room close to the water funnel, it just needs to be at least 24 blocks below the spawning platform and not too far above your collection area so that mods don't despawn during the fall.  

The middle of the collection drop needs to be a 5x5 hole because I did not limit spider spawning in the farm and a 3x3 will not drop spiders reliably.  

I did not take notes on the water funnel.  If you need me to help with it let me know.


Moving on the spawning platforms.

Starting from the center of the platform every 3 blocks I went out in ascending grid.  2 blank spaces and out until I hit 24 blocks.  The second layer was out to 21 blocks and the final layer was out to 18.  Every block had a button placed on inside row and all but the last row has buttons on the outside.  Trap doors were placed on the bottoms of the top 2 layers to stop spawns of Skeletons and zombies.  The top layer is out of grass to allow for passive mob spawns because I am over a plains biome I get cows, sheep, etc.  

Because I was having some weird falling physics and mobs catching fire from sunlight I added this cap that is the same size as the funnel to prevent falling mobs from catching fire.  I don't know if capping the whole thing and giving up one the passive mobs would work in 1.16, I know with the 1.14 spawning putting a roof over it almost completely stopped mobs from spawning.  This is something I want to test in creative but I have not got around to it.  


Watch a night's production in action.  Shameless Youtube Link



No comments:

Post a Comment